Monday, September 22, 2008

Prelude

Tomorrow I start another “horrific” working week on an ugly coastal town. Right now, that doesn´t seem too important and still is very far away as I´m seating on this stone kitchen table on this big empty house in the country side having breakfast by myself. While the bread toasts and the coffee grinds I listen mellow melodies that perfectly blend with the gray colors outside. I´m reading the morning newspaper and trying to slowly sail the internet with a 56k modem. Today feels like Sunday and yesterday felt like a Saturday, two days doing nothing work related reminded me what the true meaning of pure relaxation, rest and above all, freedom. Fall arrived today, but September is still here, still alive, still breathing even tough is slowly losing its strenght, Summer colors and warmness. I´m still seating on that stone kitchen table but now my coffeee mug is empty and the cigarrette I was smoking along with the coffee also got to an end. As I glance out the window again I start to see the sky´s blue overlapping the clouds gray and calling me to go outside and play. After all, I still have today to enjoy being a kid and to taste life at her full essence. October will be all about that but until it gets here I might as well enjoy this Monday tasting like a Sunday the best I can.

No comments: